× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fastlane setup ends with an unexpected screen

AlFresco
Follower

Fastlane setup ends with an unexpected screen

The last Fastlane setup step in the manual (after deciding which option, 2.4 or 5Ghz which everyone decides differently depending on distance/circumstance) is to hit Save and you're done.

However, I'm getting the "Which do you want to extend" setup screen again. And I have to (again?) choose a network to extend before Fastlane setup will finish.  The head-scratcher is that there's only 1 option here on this screen, and it's the "wrong" option.

For example I chose 5Ghz as the router/extender option and 2.4Ghz as the extender/device option. Then the final screen asks me what would I like to extend (I thought I already chose) and it only gives me the option of the router's 5G channel which doesn't make sense.

Anyone else have this experience?

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Akita
Aspirant

Re: Fastlane setup ends with an unexpected screen

I have the same dilemma.  When you select the channel to extend it seems to give it another _XGEXT label in an endless loop fashion.

Wish official Netgear Support could comment on this obvious, easily seen problem.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7