× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware V1.0.1.56: "Firmware could not be downloaded from NETGEAR server. Please check your interne

gomackay
Follower

Firmware V1.0.1.56: "Firmware could not be downloaded from NETGEAR server. Please check your interne

Firmware V1.0.1.56: "Firmware could not be downloaded from NETGEAR server. Please check your internet connection" 

I have >40 MBS download speeds - what is problem please?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
Ricco550
Aspirant

Re: Firmware V1.0.1.56: "Firmware could not be downloaded from NETGEAR server. Please check you

In addition to Firmware could not be downloaded from the NETGEAR server. Please check your Internet connection. My wifi connection is strong. The internet speed is 22Mbps. I also tried downloading the new firmware V1.0.1.56 to my PC. After extracting files it won't open because my computer says the file is corrupt. Current firmware version is V1.0.1.48. Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 5
Ricco550
Aspirant

Re: Firmware V1.0.1.56: "Firmware could not be downloaded from NETGEAR server. Please check you

I just noticed that this topic was under a NightHawk router. I have an ARRIS router.

Message 3 of 5
DarrelT1
Aspirant

I downloaded the firmware update and tried to "mount" the "img" file on my PC and it said the file is corrupted as well. Then, I went to the Netgear Extender website and tried installing it by browsing for the file on my PC. It installed perfectly and rebooted the extender with the updated firmware. There's more than one way to skin  the cat!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, You DON'T mount or unpack the .img file. This file can only be used at the Extenders FW update web page there. 

Please review online documentation on how to update your Extenders FW prior to updating:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Thank you.

@DarrelT1 wrote:

I downloaded the firmware update and tried to "mount" the "img" file on my PC and it said the file is corrupted as well. Then, I went to the Netgear Extender website and tried installing it by browsing for the file on my PC. It installed perfectly and rebooted the extender with the updated firmware. There's more than one way to skin  the cat!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7