× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gite WIFI

JAMESFENTON
Aspirant

Gite WIFI

Hi, I’m looking for advice on which Netgear product to use to transmit my own Orange Fibre WiFi signal to separate buildings around 2O Metres away. Any help really appreciated. James
Message 1 of 5

Re: Gite WIFI

@JAMESFENTON wrote:
Hi, I’m looking for advice on which Netgear product to use to transmit my own Orange Fibre WiFi signal to separate buildings around 2O Metres away.

You mean you want to extend the range of the WiFi from your existing network?

What delivers the WiFi from orange? A modem? Modem/router? Something else?

Netgear makes a range of WiFi Range Extenders.

WiFi Boosters & Extenders | Wifi Range Extenders | NETGEAR

Plug in your needs and take your pick.

20 metres isn't a huge stretch – Netgear talks area rather than distance – but you might need something more powerful than one of those wall plug things.

PS What's Gite WiFi?

Message 2 of 5
JAMESFENTON
Aspirant

Hi there, Orange fibre comes in through a standard router with network ports, need to send them to two separate out buildings, each around 20 metres away.
(Ha, a Gite is a French Air B&B! 🙂
Message 3 of 5

@JAMESFENTON wrote:
.... need to send them to two separate out buildings, each around 20 metres away.

Not the easiest challenge. Not sure that Netgear's domestic stuff can handle it.

You may have to look at a  business device that can create separate SSIDs for the two buildings.

Many routers do offer "guest" networks.  That might work.

Hi there, Orange fibre comes in through a standard router with network ports

That is another wrinkle.

You already have a router, so bolting on another router is a recipe for confusion.

Again, you may be outside the realm of domestic kit.

(Ha, a Gite is a French Air B&B! 🙂

That I do understand. Unlike some people here, I am not a completely monoglot soul who shout insults at all furriners. (I have O-level French and can read a menu and wine list!) But this is an English are and and I saw nothing in the first message that screamed Francaise.

Message 4 of 5
JAMESFENTON
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, I think you’re right about requiring a business solution, I’ve watched many You Tube clips on installing Wirelsless TP link bridges.

An no offences meant in the Gite, comment, we moved from the U.K. in August 21 to set up a Gite business. It’s taken us this long to remove some sitting tenants. All part of the ‘French experience’ I guess 🙂

I’ll do some more digging on the bridge solution and see what Netgear offer.

Cheers

James
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7