× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How Reserve IP Addresses with an Extender

dbillman
Tutor

How Reserve IP Addresses with an Extender

Please help me figure out how to reserve IP addresses for devices connected to the network extender. The extender shows two macs on the same IP address and the device IP addresses are all over the place.

How do I assign reserved IP addresses for devices connected to the extender? Everything was neat and tidy without the extender. I knew every device on the network by it's mac, ip, and name. Then I added the Extender for two devices and when I look at the router device list it looks like I added a half dozen new devices. Static IPs is one of the ways I know there are no rogue devices on the network. Now, it's hopeless trying to recognize anything that's connected to the extender.

So how do I figure out the translated address so I can set and name a reservation.

Thanks 

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How Reserve IP Addresses with an Extender

Hi dbillman,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Would it be possible to provide us a screenshot of your main router's attached devices showing the extender and the device you to reserve and the Connected devices page on your extender?

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series