× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Laptop does not see 5Ghz for WNDR3400v2

Manterion
Follower

Laptop does not see 5Ghz for WNDR3400v2

Hi all, I have the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100 with the WNDR3400v2 wireless duel band router. For some reason, I'm not able to see (a/n)5GHz. It has its own SSID from the 2.4GHz.

I'm able to connect to the (b/g/n) 2.4 SSID but it shows a connection speed of 72 Mbps. My laptop is brand new and I have a friend with a very simlar laptop with the same exact router and his works fine.
Message 1 of 3
Scubbie
Apprentice

Re: Laptop does not see 5Ghz for WNDR3400v2

According to the "product brief" it should recognise the 5GHz channels. You may need to set you router to use a channel between 36 and 48.

It will only connect at up to 54mb/s though on the 5GHz channels.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/centrino/centrino-wireless-n-100-brief.html

Could I suggest that you consider changing it for an Intel 5100, 5300 or 6200 card instead? Make sure that you get the correct size though as there are two sizes for that type of card and it will be screwed into the laptop.
Message 2 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Laptop does not see 5Ghz for WNDR3400v2

I'm not able to see (a/n)5GHz. It has its own SSID from the 2.4GHz.

802.11A is limited to 5Ghz/54Mbps

I'm able to connect to the (b/g/n) 2.4 SSID

You have 2.4Ghz in full N mode speed but not in 5Ghz.

it shows a connection speed of 72 Mbps

lower connection can be from channel interference that brings down to 20Mhz and also called neighborhood friendly from conflicting
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7