× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing connection

G355
Follower

Losing connection

Im not sure about the model all i know is that its a AC1200 Dual band wifi extender. My problem is that i lose connection constantly, i have 2 xbox one consoles in seperate rooms, one console is located in the same room as the extender using a wired connection and the second console is located in the next room using the 5G wifi connection. The issue is the same with both consoles, losing connection while playing multiplayer games after every few minutes or so, this problems seems to also occure while streaming movies from sites (internet app not netflix) although not as often as when gaming, very rare in comparing. never had this issue while connected to the actual modem, i am using this as a range extender. Also my console connection test says the NAT type is open and behind a cone, which im not sure if it matters or how to change that.

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Losing connection

Hello G355, 

Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us the firmware version that the extender is currently on? Also, is this a newly purchased device? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7