× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mutiple AC750 range extenders on one WIFI network - how to configure

jorourke
Follower

Mutiple AC750 range extenders on one WIFI network - how to configure

I have purchased two AC750 EX3700 wifi range extenders. Configured and connected the first one easy peasy using WPS and it works a treat.

Went through same process with the second one and a) the extender doesnt show up in the list of extenders but I think the extender name is the same as the first extender (i.e. NewtorkName_2GEXT). b) when you come into range of the second extender device picks up that extender and you lose internet connectivity.

My question is, can you have two of these extenders on the same network and if so how do you configure it.

I tried to factory reset the second extender to try and set up through the browser but it just insists on reconnecting to the network router and blocks internet access. As soon as i power it down the first extender is available again anad has internet connectivity.

Any help on this would be appreciated and apologies is this has already been covered elsewhere a thousand times.

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Mutiple AC750 range extenders on one WIFI network - how to configure

Hi jorourke, 

Welcome to the community! I recommend checking out the post linked below as one of our Superusers has provided great insight on the use of two extenders.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/Can-you-use-2-wifi-extenders-at-the-...

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7