× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My EX2700 won't connect to my new router

nlbngr
Tutor

My EX2700 won't connect to my new router

My EX2700 worked fine with my old router, but since I got a new router I haven't been able to connect the two.

When I plug the extender in next to the new router and then go to "mywifiext.net" I get a message saying "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network". I've tried my WPS method to no avail either.

All my other devices can see and connect to my new router...all except my EX2700 that is.

Any ideas?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: My EX2700 won't connect to my new router

Hi nlbngr - Please perform a factory reset on the extender by pressing the small button with a pin/needle. After, locate the "NETGEAR_EXT" network and connect to it. Once connected, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 6
nlbngr
Tutor

Thanks Christian,

I hadn't tried that yet... I don't know why. It didn't work though.

I'm still getting a connection between the extender and my computer/devices, but no apparent connection between the extender and the new router.

It's frustrating because it worked fine with the old router. I don't suppose it should matter that the old router was DSL and the new router is Cable?

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nlbngr, 

The difference between the 2 routers shouldn't be an issue. Just to clarify, for your devices that are connected to the extender do they have access to the internet?

~Christian 

Message 4 of 6
nlbngr
Tutor

Christian,

No... my devices cannot connect to the internet when I have chosen my extender's network.

I even tried connecting via my Kindle, thinking that perhaps there was an iussue with my computer's network adapter, but I get the same result: "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network".

Message 5 of 6
nlbngr
Tutor

Sorry Christian,

I was wrong...After I got the "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network" message, I reloaded the window and was then able to connect and set up the extender. I still get the message when I go back to "mywifiext.net" but I do have wifi access now, so I'll ignore it. Odd.

The short answer is that it's working and that's what counts, right? Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7