× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Range Extender model EX2700 says no internet connection

Cloverleaf77
Aspirant

N300 WiFi Range Extender model EX2700 says no internet connection

I had been using this wifi extender for a while without a problem. Recently it had been failing to connect to the internet, so I performed a factory reset. While setting it up it was able to detect my wifi network and extend it, but now when i try to connet to the extended network it has all the bars but says no connection. Attached is a file showing what this looks like. All of the lights on the extender are on when i am connected to the extended network like this so i know my device is connected to the extender. And I know the extender is able to connect to my router as it detected the network to extend in the first place, so why is it saying no internet when i connect to the extended network? I have done a factory reset multiple times and set it up again but nothing has changed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
Cloverleaf77
Aspirant

Re: N300 WiFi Range Extender model EX2700 says no internet connection

it has been over a month and still no reply, i expect better

Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Cloverleaf77 - Thanks for your post. Would you mind providing us with LED lights status of the extender. You may refer to page 6 of the user manual.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX2700/EX2700_UM_EN.pdf

~Christian 

Message 3 of 5
Cloverleaf77
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. Both the router link and and device link LEDs are green when I connect a device to the wifi extender, but it displays as no connection on the device. When there is not a device connected to it, the router link LED is green, but the device link LED is not.

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Cloverleaf77, 

Thanks for confirming. Would you mind letting us know what firmware version the extender is on? Can you also log into the extender's admin page and confirm that it is connected to the router.

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7