× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR EX2700 - Not Fit For Purpose

machineage
Tutor

NETGEAR EX2700 - Not Fit For Purpose

OK - IMO these extenders are absolute rubbish and not fit for purpose. 

My Sister has been complaining for some time that she was having major issue connecting to the internet via these (2) extenders - but was able to connect direct to the router. So - I spent a whole day today with these extenders going through all that I could find. I have updated them to the latest firmware - changed channels - done the 30/30/30 reset (several times) - NONE of this changes what happens. They consistently drop the connection - and no its not just one of them - they BOTH do it. I tested them both in isolation to confirm this. You can have a solid connection with an extender in the same room as the router - but then for no reason it will just drop the connection entirely. The router & device LED’s remain lit green. If I then immediately connect to the router the internet connection is absolutely fine. So it is definitely these extenders that are the problem as I see it. Can you take them back please NETGEAR and remove them from sale because they are not fit for purpose.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
machineage
Tutor

Re: NETGEAR EX2700 - Not Fit For Purpose

Anyone have any suggestions about these extenders both not working - or should I just dump them into the trash bin?

BTW - I tried each one again today and as expected they both work absolutely fine for a couple of minutes with good transfer rates - then they drop the connection to the computer entirely even though the device LEDs remain lit green. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7