× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR_EXT does not show up and WPS button does nothing

FrankHD
Initiate

NETGEAR_EXT does not show up and WPS button does nothing

Just purchased a 4-Stream Wi-Fi mesh extender EAX15-100NAS (a small white unit about 2.5x3x6). Plugged it in and after a boot up period the power light turns green. I have tried looking many times for NETGEAR_EXT and it does not appear in my list. Nighthawk says I am not connected to a router. My router is from Time Warner / Charter and is a Sagemcom Fast 5260. I am not sure of my router uses WPA, but I suspect it does. I tried pushing the WPS button on the Netgear extender and I held it for two minutes. The WPS light never started flashing. I tried resetting the Netgear device and the power light began to flash, but once the power light turned green I was no better off than before. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR_EXT does not show up and WPS button does nothing

Factory reset the extender. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on.

Then try using the installation assistant
Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

You can also try hardwiring a pc/laptop into the extender and setting it up that route. 

Message 2 of 4
FrankHD
Initiate

Thank you for the advice. I did try resetting the extender, also to avail. Next step will be to try hooking up a laptop. The whole time I am thinking it should not be this hard…
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

It shouldn't but the fast devices aren't the best. And they like to push users to their own extenders. You can google it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7