× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX7000 fails every 12 to 24 hours

johnmcl7
Apprentice

Netgear EX7000 fails every 12 to 24 hours

I have a Netgear EX7000 connected to a Netgear D7000 which I'm attempting to use as a wireless bridge for wired devices (powerline connections keep dropping, can't install a network cable) which works great but usually fails at some point during the day and overnight during which time some of the wired devices can connect, some can't which a restart resolves.  Looking around the forum there's a number of topics with this exact issue and the recommendation is to downgrade to the 66 firmware but I couldn't see any recent topics.

I've tried downgrading to the 66 firmware this afternoon and will see if it's any better but it's a concern going to a much older one looking at the security fixes.  The extender is in good reception to the main router and I've set it to a static IP and reserved the IP on the router, is there anything else I can try?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear EX7000 fails every 12 to 24 hours

Hi @johnmcl7, apologies for the late response. Do you have this sorted out already?

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7