× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Wifi Extender Not Working

Igorkonovalchuk
Aspirant

Netgear Wifi Extender Not Working

So I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router and purchased a Netgear EX7000 wifi extender. Tried to run the setup multiple times, and I can connect to the extender but I get no internet. Tried contacting support, and they messed with it for a bit, couldn't figure anything out and then said it would cost me 100 dollars for them to adjust some settings. Not sure what to do, super disappointed with these products. I went out of my way to purchase these thinking they would work well together and make for an easy setup. Not only did I pay for their products but now they're trying to make me pay to actually make it work. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0, EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Wifi Extender Not Working

What model number router? Firmware on it?

Firmware on extender?

Does the extender led lights show its connected back to the router?

Do you get internet on the router?

First thing I'd do is make sure both firmwares are up to date. Then I'd start fresh. factory reset both devices (hold reset button 7-10 seconds while powered on, lights should flash/blink/change when the reset starts)

Then setup the router with the basic settings. What I mean is get your internet working, setup your wifi, and leave it as is until you can setup your extender. Also, make sure you setup the extender in the same room while doing the setup process. You can move it to a different location once its setup. 

Message 2 of 4
Igorkonovalchuk
Aspirant

The firmware is up to date on both, I double checked.

Yes the extender is connected to the router, and the router is getting 200mbps.

I've tried doing the reset on the router and the extender, and nothing has seemed to fix the issue.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What firmware is it on both? numbers help.

how do you know the extender is connected? Is the router assigning an IP address?

If you hardwire into the extender, does it work? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7