× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Installation Problem

acsimon
Aspirant

Nighthawk Installation Problem

Just tried to install my brand new extender.  Ran the install via the Nighthawk App on my iPad. Everything went smoothly, it recognized the extender, but before exiting the install it asked me to update the firmware. I did this, app said update successful and wait while we re-establish connection with the extender.   From that point onward the app could not establish a connection with the extender.  What gives?  I wonder if this may be a new issue since last night I just installed the latest OS version 13.6.1 prior to running the Nighthawk app for the first time. 

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Installation Problem

What are the led's on the extender doing? 

What firmware did you install? 

Did you try factory resetting it and reinstalling it? 

Message 2 of 4
acsimon
Aspirant

All LED's on the front of the extender are green. 
I think the firmware update was for the extender.

No, have not done a factory reset.

I think the extender is actually working, and has increased my WiFi signal in the problem area.  But, it still doesn't show up on Nighthawk. There is also no reference to it on my iPad WiFi Networks list.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@acsimon wrote:

All LED's on the front of the extender are green. 
I think the firmware update was for the extender.

No, have not done a factory reset.

I think the extender is actually working, and has increased my WiFi signal in the problem area.  But, it still doesn't show up on Nighthawk. There is also no reference to it on my iPad WiFi Networks list.  

That extender has a mesh feature. Meaning it uses the same ssid as the primary router. Meaning it won't "show up" unless you do a full scan using an app that can seperate them out. The built in "wifi scanning" doesn't 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7