× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No connection to internet

NickDollard
Aspirant

No connection to internet

I just set up my AC1900 EX6400 wifi extender and while all of the lights appear green and it does connect to the router according to the LEDs, there is no connection to the internet. I have a spectrum modem and router. I looked around the spectrum settings and could not find anything about a MAC address filter or anything that could be blocking the extender. 

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: No connection to internet

you could check with spectrum (isp) to see if they've got a work around or new firmware for it. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you set it up via wps or the installation wizard?

What router are you using from spectrum?

Message 2 of 11
sashby814
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I have a spectrum router and modem. I do not have MAC enabled.

I used the Nighthawk app to set up my extender.  I have full bars on my wifi but can't actually connect to the internet. 

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 11
NickDollard
Aspirant

I’ve set it up in both ways and both times they connect to the router with seemingly no problem yet still no connection to the internet. The router is a rac2v1k
Message 4 of 11
plemans
Guru

you're not the only one having issues with that router and getting an extender to connect to it

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Home-Networking/RAC2V1K-WIFI-Router-Not-Playing-Well-with-Netg...

Message 5 of 11
NickDollard
Aspirant

Oh great so I’m guessing the solution is a new router or a different brand of extenders at this point.
Message 6 of 11
plemans
Guru

From the brief research I did on that router, it looks like netgear isn't the only one with issues running extenders on that router.  (or spectrum routers in general)

Message 7 of 11
NickDollard
Aspirant

Ah okay so I’m probably gonna have problems with every extender I try. The weird thing is I was previously using a cheap 20 dollar Netgear extender that worked but was just too slow. I figured if that one worked then why not another from the same brand. Maybe it’s time to look into a solution other than an extender.
Message 8 of 11
plemans
Guru

you could check with spectrum (isp) to see if they've got a work around or new firmware for it. 

Message 9 of 11
NickDollard
Aspirant

Thank you that’s the last chance basically
Message 10 of 11
sashby814
Aspirant

Yeah, I literally just spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Netgear tech support and never got my extender to be able to actually connect me to the internet. Ugh!!

Next call is to Spectrum I guess.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7