× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No print when plugged into EX8000

mpnret
Tutor

No print when plugged into EX8000

I have a EX8000 connected to a Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band router R8000. It is currently set up a an extender and works decent. The room with the EX also has a desktop pc with 2.4G wireless and etherent connection. The room is about 30 feet from the router and also contains a HP wireless printer. The printer has a 2.4G connection to the router. The pc will run at about 80Mbs connected 2.4G to the router or the EX. I found that if I plug the pc into the EX it jumps up over 200Mbs. All's good so far. I bypass the limited wireless 2.4g in the PC, plug an ethernet cable into EX and then backhaul 5 Ghz to the router. Problem is I can no longer reach the printer. Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mpnret
Tutor

Seems the smart firewall which is part of the Norton security suite provided by Comcast is blocking print through the EX8000. Turning it off allows me to print through the EX.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
mpnret
Tutor

Edit to above: I just realized I also can't print when connected wireless to the EX. So whenever I try to print through the EX it fails.

Message 2 of 3
mpnret
Tutor

Seems the smart firewall which is part of the Norton security suite provided by Comcast is blocking print through the EX8000. Turning it off allows me to print through the EX.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7