× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please hElp me extend my range

Gladiator2020
Follower

Please hElp me extend my range

I have the R8000 and CM1200 router.  I have installed them and yet I still am not getting the range I desire out of my setup.  My house is three stories, 4,700 square and my router is in the master bedroom on the third floor.  

I have 25 devices (smart TV, ring camera, phones, iPad, laptop and desktop) connected to the the system.  

I want to know how I can extend my range to reach the basement area.  Also would adding the mesh system work?

open to any ideas, 

thanks in advance.

john 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Please hElp me extend my range

4700sqft is a lot of area to cover for a single device. I have a 3200 sqft home and a single router struggles. I run a mesh with satellites to cover everything.

I'd recommend moving to a mesh system like orbi for coverage in that much area.  

You can add an extender but I've always recommended going with a full mesh system if someone needs more than 1 extender and you probably would. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7