× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6300 losing Outbound internet

emurach
Aspirant

R6300 losing Outbound internet

The R6300 is lossing its outbound internet randomly. I think it over heating. As a test, I placed 120mm fan on the side of the R6300. The modem was loosing it connection frequently random prior to the fan. After placing the fan next to the R6300 vent holes and directing air into and through the case. It's became stable. Looks like the classic design flaw I see in most of these APs. No cooling. They simply over heat and mess up.

I think Netgear needs to redesign the case rear cover and add a high life fan that can be replaced for time to time from the outside. Also, give the design al temperature monitoring.

Netgear R6300 is simply junk without this fix. It would be nice to see the R4700 Centra upgraded to 802.11AC plus the above fan and temp monitor.

Also it be nice to see the R6300 upgraded for the fan and temp monitor + USB3

The angry customer who tirers of fixing the dumb mistakes. It's ever true. Stupidity and Genious go hand and hand.

Customer,
emurach
Message 1 of 2
emurach
Aspirant

Re: R6300 losing Outbound internet

I called up netgear for an RMA (A madding experience). This a continuation of my support ticket. I get this basic tech from India. (Poor service here). And, all he whats to do is reset the R6300 and dumb down my wireless security too WEP 54Mps (Netgear remind us all just why an owner buys new equipment here. Maybe for more speed.). And this is suppose to make the issue go away.

Ya! Stupid. It just lowers the speed of my wireless connection, lowers heat generation on the 2.4GHz radio. None of this gets me a warranty RMA replacement. Netgear got me running a maze designed so they don't pay for product defect here.

I'm a electronics tech. If rate at which the errror occurs decreases substanially just placing a fan next to the R6300. It's clearly a thermal issue. And, that can melt the "Ball Grid Array" (BGA) under the chips and the issue just gets worse from there. I got too say at this point. Stay away from the R6300. No true support here. Now I need to shop a different vendor and write 50 non-netgear forums review posts against the product. The least I do for them stealing my money. Ya I'm angry and for good reasons here.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7