× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset WN2000RPT and then problems

brasshat98
Follower

Reset WN2000RPT and then problems

Using a paper clip, I reset my WN2000RPT V1 to factory settings, just like it said in the instructions. Now, when I plug the unit in, the power light comes on and eventually changes to green. But the other two lights remain off and if you push the WPS button, nothing happens. It doesn't start to blink li8ke it did. My computer recognizes it as "Netgear_Ext" instead of what it should look like. Have I killed this extender?
Message 1 of 3
radfordu92
Aspirant

Re: Reset WN2000RPT and then problems

Any luck, I did the same thing.
Message 2 of 3
nagle
Aspirant

Re: Reset WN2000RPT and then problems

Similar problem here. I've had a WN2000RPT for two years, and recently it stopped working reliably. I tried to reconfigure it from a browser, and got up to the final step, but it never fully connected. After that, it wouldn't talk to a computer or appear as a wireless network connection.

When powered up, the double rectangle with arcs on either side shows steady orange, but never goes green. Clicking the "factory reset" button has no effect.

Out of 1 year warranty, of course. Does Netgear make a wireless extender with a longer life?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series