× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung Galaxy S4 not connecting to EX6200

Snowbird
Aspirant

Samsung Galaxy S4 not connecting to EX6200

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum and I have a problem: my Samsung Galaxy S4will not connect to the EX6200.

When I first installed the EX6200, all my devices connected first hand to both 2.4 and 5GHz channels: laptop, iPad, iPod, Samsung S4.

But after approximatly one month, I could not connect my Samsung phone to the extender but it does connect to my wifi router.

I have an open ticket with the Netgear support team, but I still don't have a solution.

When I try to connect to either the 2.4 or 5GHz band, it tries for 30 seconds, then connects for 1 second, then tries again to connect to the extender for 30 seconds, then I get this message : the access point is deactivated: slow internet.

I rebooted both the extender and the phone, rolled back to firmware V1.0.1.60_1.1.98, came back to the latest firmware, changed channels with the router, tried everything in the book (at least I think so!).

Any help from the community is welcome!! Smiley Frustrated

Spoiler

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 not connecting to EX6200

Hello Snowbird 

Have you tried on the phone to tell it to forget the network of the extender then try to reconnect to it? also you could try changing the SSID on the extender to see if that works. hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Snowbird
Aspirant

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 not connecting to EX6200

Hi DarenM,

Tried both suggestions, but no joy!!

Spoiler

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies