× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Signal strength signal not showing on 5GHz

dribbler
Novice

Signal strength signal not showing on 5GHz

Hi all,

I just purchased an EX6200 and everything works fine except for the signal indicator on the extender for 5GHz.

The thing is I have the 5GHz band working as I have several iPads finding it and using it as well as my smart TV.

When I go into the browser settings for the extender under Status it shows the following:

Connection Status to Existing Network (2.4GHz)
Name (SSID) NETGEAR
Link Rate 144 Mbps
Signal Strength -42 dBm (signal strenght image here)
Connection Status Connected

There is no connection status for 5GHz

Then below this it shows this:

Extender Wireless Setting (2.4GHz)
Name (SSID) NETGEAR_2GEXT
Region Australia
Channel Auto (1)
Wireless mode: Up to 145Mbps
Wireless AP On
Broadcast Name On
Wi-Fi Protected Setup Configured

Extender Wireless Setting (5GHz)
Name (SSID) NETGEAR_5GEXT
Region Australia
Channel 36 + 40 + 44(P) + 48
Wireless mode: Up to 867 Mbps
Wireless AP On
Broadcast Name On
Wi-Fi Protected Setup Configured

I know the 5GHz led indicator works because it flashes green during set up but just does not display any bars when running. The 2.4GHz led indicator works fine by the way.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4
dribbler
Novice

Re: Signal strength signal not showing on 5GHz

Sorry for the double post.... I didn't think the first one worked as it didn't appear on the forum for ages.

Can mods delete one please.

Cheers.
Message 2 of 4
billybobcory
Aspirant

Did you ever push the reset button for the two minutes that I was told to do by Netgear. My 5GHz light seemed to stay on, but after Netgear support had me push the reset button for 2 minutes for factory reset.........I believe it broke the thing, so now the 5GHz no longer lights up. I don't know if this is the reason for sure, it's just a hunch and an observation that may or may not be related. I'm having a similar problem with 5GHz light not staying on and the funny thing is that Netgear Support said I needed and Apple device in order for the 5GHz light to stay on. I don't have any apple devices, but you do and still the light stays off......Sooooooooo what does Netgear support know anyway?
Message 3 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Is your main router a single or a dualband?
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7