× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to get WiFi Extender AC750 Model No. EX3110 connected to a new Network Name of my new router.

john_r_teague
Follower

Trying to get WiFi Extender AC750 Model No. EX3110 connected to a new Network Name of my new router.

Hi,

I have the abovestated Netgear WiFi Extender.

It was working fine with another Telstra Modem/router. But at the end of last week, we had to have a new Telstra Modem/router installed to replace the first Modem/router.

Because we had to change our Router/Modem, it has a new Network Name and Password.

I wish to know how to change, on the Netgear WiFi Extender, the Network Name and Password so that the new Router/Modem and the Netgear WiFi Extender work in sync and work properly.

I have searched high and low on the Netgear Website and have read the "Quick Start" instructions which came inside the box with the WiFi Extender, but I cannot see how to change the Network Name on the WiFi Extender so that it can connect to the new "Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with Voice Backup" modem/router.

I am unable to find a Support Phone number (here in Australia).  I would love to be able to phone someone in Netgear Support, Australia to sort out my issue if I am unable to get it sorted out by a member of the Community letting me know what to do.

Please help me.  Thank you.

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Trying to get WiFi Extender AC750 Model No. EX3110 connected to a new Network Name of my new rou

What router did they install? 

Try factory resetting the extender (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. the lights should flash). 

that'll get you back to stock so you can use the quick start guide. 

Then try using the installation assistant. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7