× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable connect to WIFI Range Extender

ShelbyLewis3
Follower

Unable connect to WIFI Range Extender

My Router does not have a WPS button so I have to connect wirelessly. I have tried connecting wirelessy to the wifi range extender using the password: "password". Everytime that I try this it gives me the message "incorrect password". The device does not have an ethernet port that I can use to connect to it either. Is there another way? Is the default password different for this paticluar device?

Model: EX6000|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable connect to WIFI Range Extender

@ShelbyLewis3 wrote:

My Router does not have a WPS button so I have to connect wirelessly. I have tried connecting wirelessly to the wifi range extender using the password: "password". Everytime that I try this it gives me the message "incorrect password". The device does not have an ethernet port that I can use to connect to it either. Is there another way? Is the default password different for this paticluar device?

The instructions for setting up w/o WPS start on page 12 of the manual ( http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6000/EX6000_UM_3sep2015.pdf )

First do a factory reset, then join the NETGEAR_EXT (which has no password).

Then you browse to www.mywifiext.net.  You'll set up the admin account and password for the extender's web UI, and then complete the setup.  You'll need to manually enter the router's network name(s) and wifi password(s) as part of that process.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7