× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using EX770 as a AP via powerline?

lorenzo0920
Aspirant

Using EX770 as a AP via powerline?

Hi,

So I already have a AC2200 Nighthawk Wifi Mesh Extender in my house currently in wireless extender mode, and I separately have the powerline hooked up for a Ethernet only device. As the Extender is only currently catching the 2.4 ghz channel, and the location of the powerline adapter is only one room away anyways, could I just use the extender on the powerline via the adapter as an 5ghz AP, or better yet, does the extender have functionality to read the network directly from the switch without adapter?

If so please give instruction on settings and limitations, I am currently not at the home to play around with it myself so I am asking to relay to family.

Thanks!

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Using EX770 as a AP via powerline?

You can go router----->powerline------->powerline----->extender  with the extender in AP mode. 

I've done it before. Provided the powerline connectiong is decent it works great. 

Message 2 of 3
lorenzo0920
Aspirant

Re: Using EX770 as a AP via powerline?

Yeah the ciruitry in the house is only 10 years old so bar any dodgy business it should be good, 5g just doesnt penetrate the house well because of awkward brick wall placements so I thought this would be a good solution.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7