× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN1000RP installation doesn't work as can't connect, claims password invalid, can't access netgear

Hod
Initiate
Initiate

WN1000RP installation doesn't work as can't connect, claims password invalid, can't access netgear

I can't connect to the wifi booster/extended network. 

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN1000RP installation doesn't work as can't connect, claims password invalid, can't access ne...

Hello Hod

Have you tried to connect to the extender via Ethernet or over your main network by going to www.mywifiext.net and then try to change the password?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Hod
Initiate
Initiate

Re: WN1000RP installation doesn't work as can't connect, claims password invalid, can't access ne...

Have you tried to connect to the extender via Ethernet or over your main network by going to www.mywifiext.net and then try to change the password?

DarrenM

Thanks for replying DarrenM.  The WN100RP doesn't have an Ethernet connection.  I was so frustrated that after seeing your reply I went and bought a similar extender that does have one, the N300 WiFi Range Extender ( Model WN3000RPv3), only to experience exactly the same thing!  I can't connect because even with the Ethernet connection I get nowhere because it insists on a password and then says it's invalid so I can't start www.mywifiext.net since I there's no connection!  So I can't launch a browser to change the password because I have to enter a password that is accepted beforehand!  Anyone looking for two apparantly unusable Netgear extenders?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Hod

Have you tried using password as the password when you tried to open a web browser?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7