× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPT Doesn't connect to internet

gabber
Follower

WN2000RPT Doesn't connect to internet

I spent many hours disconnecting and reconnecting, re-running the setup trying to figure out why my extender would connect to my home's wireless during setup, but then not provide internet access after the setup. The setup option to manually enter an SSID implies that a hidden SSID is acceptable. After setup, the status page always showed my home network but the status was disconnected. It took a while for me to think about unhiding my home network's SSID. Apparently the extender will not connect to a hidden SSID after the setup process, even though it seems to find it during the setup process.

This is a major design flaw in my opinion, especially since the Network extender has the option in it's setup menu to hide it's own SSID. If it is by design, then first, netgear should make it known that you can't use the extender with a hidden home SSID. If it's not by design, then they need to offer a fix so that you can stay connected to a hidden SSID.
Message 1 of 2
Panthera75
Aspirant

Re: WN2000RPT Doesn't connect to internet

I purchased the same router and I saw that I had a connection but no internet. I'm not sure if this will fix your issue... but here's what happened to mine. After spending HOURS of my own trying to reconfigure stuff then another hour with Netgear tech support.. I found online that Xfinity SMC router/modem combos aren't compatible with much of anything. I re connected my original Linksys router.. then tried one last attempt at the NetGear and I was up and running in just minutes, no configuring what so ever... except clicking the appropriate "AES" stuff and entering in my passphrase. It was easy as pie once I had a working and compatible router.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7