× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPTv3 no internet connection

DrKoos
Follower

WN2000RPTv3 no internet connection

I have a WN2000RPTv3 extender that has been given major issues lately. I keep getting "no internet connection" status on my Apple devices once connected to the extender.

I have a Netgear R6400 as my main router and use the WN2000RPT upstairs as an extender. It is connecting wirelessly to the downstairs R6400 as I can't connect via a LAN cable.

The WN2000RPT will stay connected to the internet for a few minutes after I have switched off its power and powered back on. Then it simply drops again. T can connect to the WN2000RPT, but it has no internet. When I simply switch to the router downstairs (on hte same channel), I have internet and full speed - no problem. It seems it is the upstairs extender that is causing the problems.

I am reaching the end of my patience with this piece of crap. I have seen some other posts having the same issue, but none of the fixes worked for me. Any other advice or should I just go burn both Netgear devices and get Apple Airports?

I am not technical and did not do any weird settings or tricks on the devices.

Model: WN2000RPTv3|WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN2000RPTv3 no internet connection

Hello DrKoos

Have you tried to factory reset the device and then set it up again. To do this hold the reset button for 10 seconds on the extender then do the normal setup again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7