× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP PC to Extender

Zeus701
Aspirant

WN3000RP PC to Extender

Bought this and haven't had any luck getting it connected. Shows connected to my D-Link router using the D-Link setup but there is no light on the WN3000RP for the PC to Extender. All other lights show solid green. Does not connect my television or blu-ray. They do connect without the WN3000RP but very low signal strength. Have tried checking it using the netgear_ext, page doesn't come up in browser.
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN3000RP PC to Extender

Make sure placement of the extender is not where you had low signal.

You need to place between a-b point

Used below tool and fins good spot with laptop

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
Message 2 of 8
Zeus701
Aspirant

Placed between PC and television, approximately 10 feet to extender and 10 feet to television. tried to setup with extender approximately 5 feet away, same problem. the site you give says needs wlan config running, find no such animal on my system.
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You need wireless PC to run the utility

If you can make work that close to that then may not like to work together with dlink
Message 4 of 8
Zeus701
Aspirant

oh great, these people get offended when you question the integrity of their products. censoring is not cool.
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you need help then be humble or find other place for answer
Message 6 of 8
Zeus701
Aspirant

you're right, I will be humble with the use of my money and let everyone I know that Netgear equipment is useless
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Ranting would just make you look bad. Keep your personal anger to yourself
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7