× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3

YorkshireNet
Tutor

WN3000RPv3

Hi, 

I'm just not able to connect to the internet using my WiFi extender. I've tried my iPad, and iMac but no joy. I've reset the extender, installed it again and then gone through the setup 3 times or so. At the end of each set up process it says my extender is connected and ready to go. However when I then try and search the internet using my iPad or iMac I just keep getting told there is no internet connection, even though my connection is showing the full 3 bars.

It's very annoying!

Any help, very gratefully received 😃

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: WN3000RPv3

What router are you connecting to? this is key as the router is the backbone of the setup and if it doesn't function properly, neither will the extender. 

Did you set it up via wps or the smart installation wizard? Not all manufacturers code wps correct/the same. So if you tried wps, try the smart connection.

Also check you wifi ssid to make sure there aren't any special characters or spaces. This can create issues.

What firmware are you running? 

Message 2 of 5
YorkshireNet
Tutor

Hi,

It's a virgin router which I've had it set up before with no problems. The problems I'm experiencing now began when I came back from having a few weeks holiday.  

I just did the online smart set up. 

Apologies, regards firmware, I'm not sure. 

Many thanks.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@YorkshireNet wrote:

Hi,

It's a virgin router which I've had it set up before with no problems. The problems I'm experiencing now began when I came back from having a few weeks holiday.  

I just did the online smart set up. 

Apologies, regards firmware, I'm not sure. 

Many thanks.

Which router? virgin is the ISP. And ISP routers aren't known for being the greatest or best supported. 

did it work after you set it up with the online setup?

have you tried resetting both the extender and the router and re-doing the setup? maybe something was corrupted in the router during the holiday. 

Message 4 of 5
YorkshireNet
Tutor

All sorted now. 

The extender is back up and running.

Many thanks for your help.

😃

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies