× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3100RP error disabling SSID broadcasting

log-out
Aspirant

WN3100RP error disabling SSID broadcasting

Hi all, I've recently purchased a WN3100RP and it works fine.. I want to disabling SSID broadcasting, but then I can't connect to it with my laptop (win 8.1). If I activate SSID broadcasting, I connect without any problem. This problem is only with the laptop, I can connect it with my phone and tablet. Any ideas to fix it?

Message 1 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WN3100RP error disabling SSID broadcasting

Hi log-out,

In order to connect to a disabled SSID, you will need to manually create a network profile. Listed below are instructions from http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22144

1. On the Desktop screen, right-click the Wireless Icon located on the lower right hand corner of the screen, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Select on Set up a new connection or network and then click on Next
3. Select on Manually connect to a wireless network and then click on Next
4. Manually enter the required credentials for the wireless network you are trying to add, then click on Next
5. You will get a confirmation that the profile is successfully added

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

NhanN

Message 2 of 4
log-out
Aspirant

Hi nhann,

I've created manually the profile, but my laptop says that it can't connect the the network. If I enable againt the SSID broadcasting, it connects successfully.

Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There are some client devices and operating systems which don’t work well with disabled SSID beacons.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7