× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400 just started to act up

jcharlie3
Aspirant

WNDR3400 just started to act up

My cell phone, wife's cell phone and kindles just started to loose connection from my router frequently. They keep on connecting then connecting and so on... Tried calling Customer support and the told me that I would probably need to fix my configuration cause my router was not working properly and then told me that they could only help me out if I paid over 100 dollars to get technical support cause my router WAS working properly??? anyone have any idea of how to see if my configuration is right?
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3400 just started to act up

other wifi devices works i assume when kindle drops?
Message 2 of 4
jcharlie3
Aspirant

I don't know what channel or Mbps to choose to make my router perform better. I loose connection on our cellphones, Sony Bravia TV, and Kindle Fires. tried going on line to see what I should have my configuration on but didn't really find much.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

Use this above to check channel inferences.
You can only use 1,6,11, and 13 for Europe

Can't recommend wireless mode (Mbps) because everyone has different products for wifi and can behave different.

You have very few option for wireless mode to find the combination may work or start with JUST channel changes ONLY.

Do one changes a time
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7