× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000v3 Latest firmware V1.1.1.72 wireless drops

brojab
Aspirant

WNR2000v3 Latest firmware V1.1.1.72 wireless drops

A problem I've experienced with V1.1.1.72; 9 devices connected wireless, 3 game devices, 2 smartphones, rest were computers. Happened after upgrade of firmware, the router's wifi antenna kept disconnecting all the devices (usually 1 to 2 hr connect time).

After a while this got annoying, so downgraded the firmware, and that didn't fix, so we downgraded to original factory firmware V1.0.1.26 (or close enough) and this seemed to fix the problem.

I thought I'd share my experience, and would hope netgear resolve the issue, or at least examines it. I will allow them access to any information they need.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNR2000v3 Latest firmware V1.1.1.72 wireless drops

wnr2000 is NOT access point

belongs here
http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Now most who do not HARD RESET the router when flashing the firmware has erratic behavior so usually revert the firmware always works. And yes, time to time it can be bug if you have NOT hard reset router with latest firmware then you can not really say latest firmware is buggy
Message 2 of 4
brojab
Aspirant

Thank you for the correction. Can a moderator move the thread?

Sorry I did a general search with "WNR2000" and came across this forum title, just used that since its technically an AP. (wifi-router)
Message 3 of 4
pinkbytes
Aspirant

brojab wrote:
A problem I've experienced with V1.1.1.72; 9 devices connected wireless, 3 game devices, 2 smartphones, rest were computers. Happened after upgrade of firmware, the router's wifi antenna kept disconnecting all the devices (usually 1 to 2 hr connect time).

After a while this got annoying, so downgraded the firmware, and that didn't fix, so we downgraded to original factory firmware V1.0.1.26 (or close enough) and this seemed to fix the problem.

I thought I'd share my experience, and would hope netgear resolve the issue, or at least examines it. I will allow them access to any information they need.

Thanks

How is your connection on the computer wired to the router?
When internet connection drops, what is the color of the internet light in front of the router?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7