× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wap wn802tv2 speed problems

aidanoconnor45
Aspirant

Wap wn802tv2 speed problems

Hi guys,

i'll explain the setup i have going on at the moment..

phoneline - wireless modem - powerline - powerline - wireless access point..

I had to pay £25.00 for telephone support to get it connected to the internet, everything was ok for about an hour or so and then it went dead slow, about 5mins approx to load a webpage through the connection to the wireless access point.. i think the problem is within the WAP because i am currently connected to the bt homehub (wireless modem) directly and i have speeds of around 4mb (slow to some but fine for me) and i am about 60m away from the homehub.. i bought the access point to connect my ipad, apple tv, iphone etc. to because they dont have as good wifi range as my laptop. I have also tried plugging the powerline directly into the computer and that is even faster than connecting wirelessly to the modem at a far distance.. Not sure how to go about this, can anybody help me out?:confused::confused::confused:
Message 1 of 3
aidanoconnor45
Aspirant

Re: Wap wn802tv2 speed problems

i am using 64bit wep encryption and i have the password wrote down and i have tried in uppercase and lower case however i cannot connect my iphone ipad etc. to the WAP
Message 2 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wap wn802tv2 speed problems

WEP are 100% hackable. use WPA2 encryption.

There is someone recently post some issues with this model but they could not connect so seems it is not same issues so try different encryption
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7