× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extenders

kfall
Aspirant

WiFi Extenders

I have a small business (6 computers) in which I setup the AC1450 Wi-Fi router. It works great and I have no issues EXCEPT there are a couple of computers that are behind a block wall and the signal tends to be weaker.  I was looking at the AC750 Extenders and was wondering if they woulld be an appropriate solution.  I read some of the reviews and there was mention of the bandwith being reduced if you are using these boosters. and that signals get dropped if you have a device that moves around (i.e. laptop, ipad) Are these real concerns? Is there a better solution?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WiFi Extenders

Hi @kfall,

If the rooms are in the same electrical circuit, consider Powerline:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/

Powerline setups:

Router---wire--Powerline(1a)---outlet room 1 ..... outlet room 2---Powerline(1b)---wire/WiFi---device

Here are some sample setups of Extender:

Router---wire---Extender - - - devices

Router - - WiFi - - Extender - - - devices - this method reduces the bandwidth by extending the router's signal through WiFi

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @kfall,

If the rooms are in the same electrical circuit, consider Powerline:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/

Powerline setups:

Router---wire--Powerline(1a)---outlet room 1 ..... outlet room 2---Powerline(1b)---wire/WiFi---device

Here are some sample setups of Extender:

Router---wire---Extender - - - devices

Router - - WiFi - - Extender - - - devices - this method reduces the bandwidth by extending the router's signal through WiFi

Message 2 of 3
kfall
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunatley they are not on the same circuit and now that I understand about bandwidth being less with the extenders I have decided to go another route - probably cables

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7