× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender N300 model EX2700 wont connect to my Samsung tablet

pennyknap
Follower

Wifi extender N300 model EX2700 wont connect to my Samsung tablet

I set up my N300 model EX2700 successfully and connected my Samsung tablet. It worked ok but when I tried to connect the tablet to the extender 2 days later it will not connect. It shows up on my tablet as 'ext', but when I try to connect it says 'cannot find ip address'. The extender is connected to my router, the lights are green. I've tried to contact Netgear but no luck there!

Please help!

Message 1 of 5
eddie-kvs
Aspirant

Re: Wifi extender N300 model EX2700 wont connect to my Samsung tablet

I am also have the same issue. My Laptop connects as well, continuiously. 

Message 2 of 5
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @eddie-kvs @pennyknap,

Try to perform network power cycle and check if it works.

Message 3 of 5
eddie-kvs
Aspirant

@jvasanth1984wrote:

Hi @eddie-kvs @pennyknap,

Try to perform network power cycle and check if it works.

Believe it or not, I'm not a neophyte. I performed a hard reboot on the host modem/router and then powered the wifi extender. Of course I rebooted the Samsung devices and even reset the the devices so that all connections were purged, purged the partition cache just "finger cross" measure. No joy, no connection. 

So what's next... other than elementary steps?

-Eddie

Message 4 of 5
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @eddie-kvs,

Did you tried modifying wireless channel on your Router? What firmware version are you running on the extender? What security type do you have on the Router? Does Router LED Green when you come across this issue?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7