× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi range extender N300

Stee
Aspirant

Wifi range extender N300

Buongiorno,
Ho acquistato wifi range extender N300 per amplificare il segnale wifi in tutta la casa.
Peccato che il led client non si sia mai acceso e non consente il log alla rete nuova_EXT
Consigli?
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi range extender N300

Factory reset the extender. Push and hold reset while its powered on for 7-15 seconds.

Then re-run the installation and use the installation wizard and not using wps. Wps gets coded different between different manufacturer's and can create issues. 

Message 2 of 9
Stee
Aspirant

Done....but it doesn’t log the network
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Stee wrote:
Done....but it doesn’t log the network

this didn't help. it didn't explain what you did. "log the network" can be taken many different ways.

Please be precise in what steps you did, where the errors are, and whats going on. I'm not there to see so I can't help without details

Message 4 of 9
Stee
Aspirant

Ook...sorry <br>So...step By step<br>I swich on the extender<br>Open the network netgear_ext<br>Log to the browser mywifiext
<br>I find my homenetwork <br>Insert the correct psw...but i can’t log <br>( ACL is disable in my router) ...so i can’t continue <br>
Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Stee wrote:
Ook...sorry <br>So...step By step<br>I swich on the extender<br>Open the network netgear_ext<br>Log to the browser mywifiext
<br>I find my homenetwork <br>Insert the correct psw...but i can’t log <br>( ACL is disable in my router) ...so i can’t continue <br>

What router are you connecting to? 

What do you mean by "acl is disabled in my router"? 

What wireless security are you using on your router?

If you have any special characters/spaces in the router's ssid/password, remove them. 

Message 6 of 9
Stee
Aspirant

I have a modem/router adsl2+wifi wpa psk.
Acl is the acces control list....so the extender should be free to connect.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Stee wrote:
I have a modem/router adsl2+wifi wpa psk.------Not a router mode. If a mechanic asks what model car you have saying "its got an engine, 4 tires, and a steering wheel". Its not helpful. What manufacturer and model do you have? 
Acl is the acces control list....so the extender should be free to connect.--------supposedly. 

You also put you're running wpa-psk. its an outdated wireless security. you should be running wpa2. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Access

Message 8 of 9
Stee
Aspirant

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements