× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless Extender WN2500RP

Lancep17
Aspirant

Wireless Extender WN2500RP

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with my extender keep connection. It can go for 10-15 minutes strong, but it then will disconnect randomly and then come back up. I have made sure that the firmware is updated on it. I really need some help and am not super good with wireless connection. So any help would be greatly.
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Wireless Extender WN2500RP

What do the LEDs indicate when it fails? Try relocating closer to main router.
Message 2 of 8
Lancep17
Aspirant

The led lights go completely off, as well as the connection from the extender to the back of my desktop. I can't really move the extender that much closer to my router as its connected to my desktop and is about as close as possible
Message 3 of 8
Lancep17
Aspirant

Sorry for double post, but the extender just clicked off, the 2.4ghz turned off, but right before it did the wps pulsated like something was wrong. This seems to happen almost every time the extender is going to drop.
Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try changing router channel or for testing purposes get a 50 cat xx cable and move RP closer then at least you'll know.
Message 5 of 8
Lancep17
Aspirant

So i ended up factory resetting my extender, and it seems to be working better. I also moved my extender a bit farther away from my xbox which may have been causing interference with the extender. I can not change the channel on my Extender as it is says auto and wont let me update. http://imgur.com/DbP6IiB

Also my internet has greatly plummeted since moving the extender, i usually get 22 down 14 up i am now getting http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3191685756

Internet 2.4GHz is currently amber. Getting ready to reset main router to see if that can help with internet speed
Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

how is X box connected? Wired or wireless. I was referring to router channel, set it to auto, then reboot.
Message 7 of 8
Lancep17
Aspirant

Xbox is connected Wireless via the wireless adapter in the back of the xbox.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7