× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless devices connected to WN3000RPv3 but no data (after FW upgrade)

the_lemminguk
Aspirant

Wireless devices connected to WN3000RPv3 but no data (after FW upgrade)

I have just recently upgraded my N300 extender to the latest firmware package available (1.0.2.24). This was because I was having difficulty connecting several devices (iOS) to the WiFi.

After the firmware upgrade all my devices are connecting, but they are not getting beyond the repeater to the router and all network access is refused.

I can see that the extender has been assigned 192.168.1.250 and that is what my devices are using as Gateway/DNS. I have a wired device connected to the extender (via a switch) and that is getting a Gateway/DNS of 192.168.1.254 and is functioning just fine.

So why are devices going through WiFi not getting through. Any steps I can take to remedy this issue?

Message 1 of 4
the_lemminguk
Aspirant

Re: Wireless devices connected to WN3000RPv3 but no data (after FW upgrade)

It seems all devices are getting the wrong DNS or the extender is not passing through DNS requests to the router. I discovered this after performing a factory reset..

Opened a support ticket with Network as this is clearly a bug in the new firmware.

Message 2 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @the_lemminguk 

After firmware upgrade, did you reset the extender?

If you have not, kindly do so by pushing the reset button on the unit for 20 seconds.

Once done, reconfigure the extender and see if that helped.

Message 3 of 4
the_lemminguk
Aspirant

Well in a biazarre turn of events I left the device for a few days and later I tried to test it again and all my wireless/wired devices are connnected and getting full internet access again.

I have experienced issues where I cannot connect multiple wired devices through the device. Is this a known limitation as I could not read that this was the case. I have two wired devices connected to a switch and between the switch and the extender..

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7