× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ac1200 stuck on amber

PerPoet
Initiate

ac1200 stuck on amber

My ac1200 has had severe problems right from the start. It kept on restarting itself quite frequently, so after having consulted this forum I thought it would be a good idea to download the latest softwear. But doing so the whole thing just shut down and is stuck on amber light. I tried to reset to factory settings. The light starts to blick, but then it just goes back to steady amber. So my question is, was this a really really poor buy? Should I have opted for a competitor instead? 

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ac1200 stuck on amber

@PerPoet wrote:

The light starts to blick, but then it just goes back to steady amber. 

Is this the Power LED, or one of the others?

If it is the Power LED, you might try a 30-30-30 reset.  No guarantees it will work, but it is simple to try.  It might be simpler to do with an extension cord.

1. With the extender powered on, hold the reset button in for 30 seconds.
  2. Continue to hold the reset button in and unplug the extender, holding it in for another 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the extender back in, with the reset button still held, and continue to hold it in for another 30 seconds.

@PerPoet wrote:

My ac1200 has had severe problems right from the start. It kept on restarting itself quite frequently ...

How long have you had it?

Message 2 of 4
PerPoet
Initiate

Thanks, but it did not work. Still stuck on amber. I've had it just a couple of weeks and it has never worked properly. Does anyone have a suggestion for a betterand more reliable brand of extenders? Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I believe the extender model is reliable, the issue is that your particular device has never worked properly (even before the firmware update).

If you've only had it a couple of weeks, you probably should be able to exchange it for a new one with the seller.  I'd try that first.  If that isn't possible, then you could use netgear support ( via my.netgear.com).

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series