× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't find old access to netgear and trying to hook up to new wireless router

ccooper11
Initiate

can't find old access to netgear and trying to hook up to new wireless router

I noticed my extender was not working and remembered that I had put in a new wireless router.  when I attempt to connect to new router it will not take network key password.  I do not have info on onld wireless router and my login and password could not be found in netgear website.  Had to set up a new account.  Please assist.  How can I change so I can still us this extender.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ccooper11
Initiate

Re: can't find old access to netgear and trying to hook up to new wireless router

Thanks, I was able to go into web address and make changes.  Also, did factory reset and re-installed.  Everything is fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: can't find old access to netgear and trying to hook up to new wireless router

So you're able to log into the extender?

You just can't get it to connect to the new routers wireless signal?

What router is this?

What firmware is on your extender?

Did you factory reset the extender so you could do a new installation?

Another thing to check is special characters or spaces within the wireless settings. I've seen autofills add spaces at the end of passwords. And some special characters can cause issues. 

here's your support site. its got manuals, firmware, troubleshooting, and install guides. Keep in mind there's more than one version of the ex6100 so select the correct one from the drop down box. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6100

Message 2 of 4
ccooper11
Initiate

Thanks, I was able to go into web address and make changes.  Also, did factory reset and re-installed.  Everything is fine now.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it. If you mark it solved, it'll help the next person. 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7