× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help choosing wifi extender

gryfoxmama
Aspirant

help choosing wifi extender

Have xfinity with a netgear router. Looking to get wifi boosters. Xfinity says I have to purchase a router from them before they will sell me boosters. 

Looking to add one basement and also 2nd floor. Could recommend a couple EASY Netgear pods to boost my wifi. I am tech dummy so please EASY to install or hopefully just plug in.

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: help choosing wifi extender

wifi extenders are great. But I'd only really recommend them if you're only needing 1. 

If your home is big enough that you're needing multiple extenders, I'd pay the extra and buy into an actual full mesh system like orbi. Its more stable, has better performance, more options for expanding, and easier with the roaming/single ssid function

Message 2 of 5
gryfoxmama
Aspirant

Only going to be this home another year or so. I will wait till we our in our next home to expand system. Can you recommend just one pod than. Please EASY for me to install. I struggle with all this,

Message 3 of 5
gryfoxmama
Aspirant

Only going to be this home another year or so. I will wait till we our in our next home to expand system. Can you recommend just one pod than. Please EASY for me to install. I struggle with all this,

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'd recommend at minimum a dual band extender. 

I'm preferential to the triband extenders because they provide better speeds and coverage. But you can look at the current range of extenders here. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7