× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

overheating?

mrlsc1
Aspirant

overheating?

My new AC1200/EX6150 Extender seems to be too hot!  Is that normal?

Model: EX6920|AC1200-WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: overheating?

Hi @mrlsc1,

Welcome to the community!

You can check page 50 of the user manual on this link for the operating temperatures. Also, make sure that the extender is placed in a well ventilated are.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
mrlsc1
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

I did read page 50.  It refers to the environmental operating temperatures.  My Extender is hot to the touch.  It is in a well ventilated area with nothing blocking airflow around it.  

It just doesn't seem normal for any electrical component to get unusually hot.

Thanks for your input!
Larry
Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mrlsc1,

1. Does the issue persist on another power outlet?

2. If the device is newly bought and can still be swapped out from the store, you can try another unit to isolate the issue.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
JanHelwig
Aspirant

I purchased a Netgear C6220 in November 2021.  It is overheating and all I get from asking for help is that my support has expired.  What do I do now?  I see that others have had the same problem.  I received an email that referred me to GearHead  support which offers service at a charge about equal to what I paid for the router/modem.  I have it setting on a computer fan at this point, until I can figure what to do.  I don't want a fire.

Message 5 of 6
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @JanHelwig,

Thank you for reaching out. Please send an email to customer.service@@netgear.com instead for further assistance.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7