× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to connect to EX7000 wifi extender at times

robz444
Follower

unable to connect to EX7000 wifi extender at times

I recently purchased an EX7000 (I was having the same issues with the 6200 and went out and bought the 7000 thinking it would solve the problem...it didn't) and at times my wireless devices will not connect to the extended networks...interestingly, at times my devices will connect to the 5G extended network but not the 2.4G extneded network.

Also, if I have a device already connected to the 2.4G extended network, it will continue to work but I am unable to connect another wifi device to the same 2.4G extended network. Firmware is up-to-date, I've hard reset everything, tried all the 2.4G channels  because of possible "interference" and have even got a new router....same issue. I restart the extender and my devices connect. Netgear support had me convinced it was my router/modem but like I said, I've tried all channels and even replaced it with a new one. I now am convinced it is a Netgear extended issue but I'm not sure what else to do. Like I said, I"ve also replaced the 6200 with the 7000 and still have the same issue.

All my wireless devices will connect to the original network that is not being extended, the 2.4g and the 5g when they are in range. The extender shows it is picking up the original network (as indicated by the 2.4g and 5.g and the two arrow lights) but something somewhere is wrong.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm thinking about trying a different brand of extender and see if that solves the problem.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: unable to connect to EX7000 wifi extender at times

Hello robz444

Have you tried to change the SSID to something complete different it could be that the devices have saved some bad wifi settings.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7