× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xml file not found blob error

GEMedmonton
Aspirant

xml file not found blob error

The following error occurs after clicking on "continue" during setup:

"the specified blob does not exist"

What is this? How do I fix it?

Thanks 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: xml file not found blob error

What browser are you using?  Do you have ad-blocker running?

Message 2 of 6
GEMedmonton
Aspirant

Hello, Stephen,

Thanks for replying to the request for help. I am using Firefox as my browser. I do not have adblocker on. The range extender works, but only "fair" (amber) lights. It is at the bottom of the stairs from the router. That is probably the router's poor performance (and the need for a range extender).

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

The issue could be a browser incompatibility problem, so perhaps try IE or Chrome.

It could also mean that that there is some corruption in the web pages in the extender.  So I'd suggest doing a factory reset too.

@GEMedmonton wrote:

The range extender works, but only "fair" (amber) lights. It is at the bottom of the stairs from the router.

There could be something blocking that particular connection path too.  You could try some nearby spots with a different "line of sight" to the router. Though I don't think that's related to the blob error.

Message 4 of 6
GEMedmonton
Aspirant

Stephen -

Thanks for the suggestion. This all started when we switched internet providers. I did a factory re-set to clear the previous extender name, but you are right in suggesting a do-over just in case something did not re-set properly. I tried the line-of-sight location to get a better connection, but so far, no improvement. Maybe it is just our house.

Sorry for the tardy response. I foolishly tried replying through the email I received, but it bounced. This should work.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@GEMedmonton wrote:

I tried the line-of-sight location to get a better connection, but so far, no improvement. Maybe it is just our house.

It could be.  The chimney in the center of my house does a pretty good job of blocking the signal.  I found a placement that worked well, but it took some experimentation.  

Metal in the walls (metal studs instead of wood, or rebar in concrete construction, perhaps plumbing) can also be very difficult to overcome.

Assuming you are past the blob error - if performance isn't adequate, another option is powerline. https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/PLW1010.aspx  Performance also depends on construction (house wiring and circuit loads), but the barriers aren't the same as WiFi.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series