× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the maximum MBPS the N750 can handle?

pharmerphil
Aspirant

What is the maximum MBPS the N750 can handle?

I use Charter/Spectrum for my internet service provider. They recently upgraded the base MBPS to 100 from 60. When I do a speed test, it shows my download to be 68 MBPS, not the base 100 MBPS. When I inquired about this to a Charter Service Rep. he told me that my router (Netgear N750 WNDR4300v2 Premium) could NOT utilize the 100 MBPS & that was the reason I was NOT getting the new 100 MBPS rtae. Said I needed to buy a newer/faster router in order to get the base, increased MBPS.Is this correct? If so, what Netgear Router would you recommend I upgrade to. Thanks.

Model: WNDR4300v2|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What is the maximum MBPS the N750 can handle?

@pharmerphil

Thank you for responding. I would recommend to run a speed test with the device wired directly to the modem. If you're still getting the same speeds I would suggest contacting your ISP as you may need to upgrade your modem.

Regards,

Christian

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @pharmerphil

How are you running the speed test, wired or wireless? Could you also provide the model number to the modem you're using. 

Thanks, 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
pharmerphil
Aspirant

Christian, I am running the speed test "wired", as "wired" works best in my concrete walled "berm home". The modem was supplied by Charter/Spectrum. It is an Arris TM1602 & is about 2 yrs. old. Thanks.

Model: WNDR4300v2|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@pharmerphil

Thank you for responding. I would recommend to run a speed test with the device wired directly to the modem. If you're still getting the same speeds I would suggest contacting your ISP as you may need to upgrade your modem.

Regards,

Christian

Message 4 of 5
pharmerphil
Aspirant

Thanks Christian.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7