The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Follower

Can I connect Arlo VMC3030 directly to WiFi or do I need a Base Station?

Does Arlo VMC3030 can connect directly to my onw wifi or need to buy Base Station?

How long the batteries last if fully charged and we use ARLO continuously?

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Can I connect Arlo VMC3030 directly to WiFi or do I need a Base Station?

This model needs a base station to connect to. The base station requires an ethernet connection. Battery operated cameras are not designed to be used continuously. With a total use of about 5 minutes per day, a camera should last 4-6 months on a set of batteries. If you tried to live stream continuously (which you can't as it cuts off automatically), you'd probably get less than a day of battery life. You may want to look at an Arlo Pro camera and have it powered full time

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Master

Re: Can I connect Arlo VMC3030 directly to WiFi or do I need a Base Station?

This model needs a base station to connect to. The base station requires an ethernet connection. Battery operated cameras are not designed to be used continuously. With a total use of about 5 minutes per day, a camera should last 4-6 months on a set of batteries. If you tried to live stream continuously (which you can't as it cuts off automatically), you'd probably get less than a day of battery life. You may want to look at an Arlo Pro camera and have it powered full time

Message 2 of 2