× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

[Bug] Daylight Saving time Implementation

GordnFreeman
Aspirant

[Bug] Daylight Saving time Implementation

Model: WAC730 ProSAFE Dual Band Wireless AC Access Point

Firmware: 3.7.11.0

Appearently the offset of the Daylight saving time is not always adjusted correctly regarding specific timezone differences.

Here in Central Europe(Austria) the switch to summer time will be 2 weeks later than in north america, but the clock is already adding the 1 hour of summer time also directly telling that it is alraeady summer time, while it is not^^. It definately lies to me.

Of Course the timezone is set correctly by the user = me 🙂

Best Regards, 

GordnFreeman

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: [Bug] Daylight Saving time Implementation

Hi @GordnFreeman,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to upgrade the firmware of your WAC730 to the latest version which is v3.8.3.0.  One of the fixes include showing proper time based on time zone configured during DST period.  You can download firmware v3.8.3.0 here.  

Be reminded to perform a factory reset to your WAC730 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Observe if same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @GordnFreeman,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to upgrade the firmware of your WAC730 to the latest version which is v3.8.3.0.  One of the fixes include showing proper time based on time zone configured during DST period.  You can download firmware v3.8.3.0 here.  

Be reminded to perform a factory reset to your WAC730 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Observe if same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@GordnFreeman Are you able to update to latest 3.8.3.0 firmware and see your time is correctly updated?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GordnFreeman,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
GordnFreeman
Aspirant

Hello @DaneA,

I'm sorry I'm currently in a have congested time bottleneck and had not the time nor the attention to do anything more than recognize that the bug probably has been fixed already, and that I shamefully did not check for the latest firmware first^^...

So I can't say if it worked, I believe it does - if the bug has been fixed xD

Probably I will notice on the winter-time switch or next year 🙂

thnx!

Best Regards GordnFreeman

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements