× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC124 Invalid gateway IP Address

Iutcal
Aspirant

WAC124 Invalid gateway IP Address

I am attempting to configure the WAC124 as an access point on my home network. I have turned off DHCP and set the lan to use address 192.168.0.68 in the LAN section of setup. I am able to connect to the WAC through my network but it does not have any internet access. I have a motorola MG8702 modem router located at 192.168.0.1. I am assuming that I need to modify the settings in the Internet Setup section of the setup menu. Looking at other posts on the web they have mention setting the default gateway and dns server to 192.168.0.1, they do not mention what the IP address should be. So 2 questions come up. Firstly should I use the ip of my router or the ip of the WAC or some mystical ip I have which I have no clue about. Secondly when I use the ip of my motorola for all 3 fields I get the "Invalid gateway IP Address" message but no information on why it is invalid. Any help would be much appreciated.

Iutcal

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Iutcal
Aspirant

Re: WAC124 Invalid gateway IP Address

So after checking out some more values in the advanced setup menu I found the entry to enable the unit as an access point, no need to go through the rigamarole that is posted on other sites.

Upgraded the FW while I was mucking about.

Thanks for the assistance.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Mystic reading.

Current firmware?

Is the WAC124 configured to Access Point Mode (not to Router Mode)? Reason asking (among others): There is no DHCP server to be disabled in AP mode.

Message 2 of 4
Iutcal
Aspirant

FW V1.0.4.6

Resetting the unit it comes up in Router mode. I went to the setup LAN setup screen and unchecked the Use Router as DHCP server and changed the IP to 192.168.0.68.

Message 3 of 4
Iutcal
Aspirant

So after checking out some more values in the advanced setup menu I found the entry to enable the unit as an access point, no need to go through the rigamarole that is posted on other sites.

Upgraded the FW while I was mucking about.

Thanks for the assistance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements