Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4ghz not connecting

Bry-07
Follower

2.4ghz not connecting

This is *exactly* what I’m going through. Xfinity had a minor outage on Friday and wifi has never been the same.

I’ve had zero problems with my wifi or hardware prior to the outage. Just tried factory reset, used the app, I get to the final steps where it needs to connect to the network, it asks to join, but can’t.

Before the reset, it would only allow me to connect to the -5G version. Trying to connect to the original network name wouldn’t work.

All the lights are on like normal, nothing out of the ordinary. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
tobraha
Aspirant

Re: 2.4ghz not connecting

For me, the only way to fix it was to factory reset. I used the physical reset button on the modem itself. If I tried importing a configuration backup after the factory reset, it caused the 2.4GHz network to stop working once again. I had to rebuild the configuration from scratch.

I've since upgraded my equipment and I'm no longer using my AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C6300)  for Wi-Fi; I'm now using a full Ubiquiti network stack and the C6300v2 is just my modem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series