Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5-10 Reboots per day - CM1000 with Xfinity

asdfg156984
Aspirant

5-10 Reboots per day - CM1000 with Xfinity

just updated my modem from a CM600 to a CM1000-1AZNAS and now have the internet drop 5-10 times per day. I did not previously ever have this issue with the CM600. I had a Comcast tech visit on Thursday and he changed out a 1-1 ground and splitter inside the Comcast Box and said that would resolve the issue. It was fine for about 4 hours but then happened again. Each time the internet goes down for about 4-5 minutes, then the modem reboots showing only the power light and LAN light and then reconnects. Every time I talk to Comcast they say it shows the signals are fine and that the modem has been connected fine for X number of hours. Should I just return the modem and go back to the CM600? No point in upgrading internet speeds if its constantly down. Signals look fine but lots of errors.

Message 1 of 5
darkangelic
Aspirant

What do your modem signals look like? Navigate to http://192.168.100.1 and login. (The default admin name  is admin and default password is password if you haven't changed them). 

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 2 of 5
asdfg156984
Aspirant

here they are: 

modem signal 2.jpgmodem signal.jpgmodem errors.jpg

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I suggest contacting your ISP looks to be a issue with the connection I see some T3 timeouts and some uncorrectables. The tech may not of found the issue the first time.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
asdfg156984
Aspirant

I spoke with Comcast support again yesterday as well as Netgear support. Comcast says it is a netgear issue and vice versa. Amazon is sending me a replacement of the modem. I guess I will go from there.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series